Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hippity Hoppity Easter's on its Way!

Easter weekend was really fun.  Ashley and Maddux came to visit on Thursday before Easter (4/1) and stayed thru the annual BBC Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday.  Ashley and Maddux went to the zoo on Friday while Brooklyn and I went to school/work.  Maddux was so tired when they got back from the zoo that he fell asleep on the landing at the top of our stairs.  Too funny!!!  After Brooklyn and I got home Ashley and I took the kiddos to the mall.  While I was there I ordered Brooklyn a swimsuit for the summer that I'd been eyeing for a while.  It is SO cute.  I can hardly wait to see her in it...she loves bath time, so I'm sure she'll enjoy hanging out at the neighborhood pools this summer too.  On Saturday, Grandddad and Nana drove up to visit and go to the egg hunt with us.   Well, as luck would have it...someone stopped an exit out from us to buy gas and acciedently pumped disel into the tank.  Oops!!!  After a few quick calls, we quickly got them a tow truck and found someone who could fix the car for them that day.  Amazing!  Here are several pictures from the Easter Egg Hunt and Easter Sunday.

I have to share this picture...Brooklyn is such a happy camper and is all smiles most of the time, but on occasion...she's like all other babies and has a little crying spell.  She was so tired before the egg hunt.  We wanted to get pictures of her in the "sea" of eggs, so we took her little bumbo chair to the egg hunt.  Well, to get a picture without a shadow, she had to be facing the sun.  Tired + sun in my eyes = Unhappy Brooklyn!




Our friend Maddie...

Maddux picking up eggs...

Ainsley and Jennifer checking out Ainsley's loot...

Our happy family...
 

Granddad, Nana, and Brooklyn

My little sweetheart!

Brooklyn scooping out her Easter basket from Granddad and Nana.  She really had lots of fun rattling the paper.

 
Brooklyn's first Easter morning.  The "Easter Bunny" left her a few books this year, including the Legend of the Three Trees.  I had never read this book until this year and immediately fell in love with it.  Her other new reads included a little Bible with a sing-a-long CD, a Precious Moments book called "Loving," and "Love you Forever."  Auntie Laurie sent her the adorable little basket for Christmas.  It even has her name monogrammed on the back.  It was really cute!!!



So, I had to have a close-up of her little shoes.  They are so precious!!!

Mommy nad Brooklyn playing after church.

Brooklyn and her little friend Emma on their first Easter Sunday.

No comments: